Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Did you make it all of the way through The Pirate Invasion?

« Last Modified by: Nick on: 21.09.2007 at 19:36:04 »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Send Topic Print
The Pirate Invasion is out! (Read 99495 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: The Pirate Invasion is out!
Reply #80 - 24.09.2007 at 02:55:41

Thanks SandyBean for the compliment.  The mirror room is Psychotronic's cabin built by him.  But what is it you call "the gold key grid"?

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #81 - 24.09.2007 at 03:29:35

SandyBean wrote on 24.09.2007 at 02:31:43:
... Thanks so much Brell for making such a wonderful, exciting and inovative Ship for us to play on. ...

Sorry, brell. I almost forgot to say it. It is much easier yo make MMaM, which is double size, than TPI which needed a perfect over-all-map. Designers KNOW what efforts are involved with that!

Congratulations and I wish I was the Admiral on your ship! Only needs 5 gold stars ...

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #82 - 24.09.2007 at 21:17:41

brell

later I'll reply to your remarks on my last post (BTW, shortly after I wrote that I found the secret to the "unreachable key"..... Cool);
but now for an important issue:

Also interesting for
Vern
, BTW.

5 miniutes ago I was playing TPI (again), when - just after save 2 - something very strange happened. I went down to where the many doors are that lead to Freddy's room.... when suddenly I realised my Jack wasn't able anymore of collecting keys, shields etc. (even if he had enough "empty spots". Also, while all creatures continued behaving normally, those vanishing grey platforms kept being vsible ALL the time !!  I went up, down sideways into other rooms: everywhere the same thing.... spiders crawlwd, eyeballs bounced, but Jack couzldn't collect anything at all.

When I decided I'd pause the game to report this and maybe try again later, the game crashed, with following message:

Assertion failed, this program will now quit

File name: Sprite.c
Line number:   499 (unknown)
Error code:  None

Vern & everybody else:  ever heard about this phenomenon ??  Very strange indeed, isn't it ?! 
What did cause it ??

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #83 - 24.09.2007 at 21:21:53

Freddy & brell,

did you always have these stars ???

Where do they come from ?

And sandybean:  congratulations, I'm duly impressed !!  You really visited ALL rooms and in the end you had 53 lives left ??

Amazing.....

Although I start coming to grips with the ship as well.....  but some things are really hidden exceptionally well.   Shocked
And psychotronics' room (the dark one)...well...either I don't understand it at all.... or there is nothing to understand there ??   Undecided

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #84 - 24.09.2007 at 21:35:46

brell wrote on 23.09.2007 at 21:24:19:
aquaMat wrote on 23.09.2007 at 19:00:36:
And also.... even if you would return thru the maze (who with a sane mind would do that?) you'd still end up in room 31498 BELOW a pole you definitely can't crawl back up, can you ?!   Wink

Wrong!  Haven't you found Psychotronic's cabin?

Yes....but I couldn't make much of it (see above). After the entrance you're immediately blocked by an invisible wall !!

As for the red key in 31904:
As I said, I tried everything: push ups, back spins, twistmyass....you name it. If there is such a thing as the "Toybox trick" I probably once knew it, but definitely can't remember it anymore.

If by "push ups" you mean armlifting then, NO, you haven't tried it.  Read all the posts about this matter.

Found in the meantime (see above). I apparently had just tried the "bent-down" first; sorry.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #85 - 24.09.2007 at 22:45:48

aquaMat wrote on 24.09.2007 at 21:35:46:
And also.... even if you would return thru the maze (who with a sane mind would do that?) you'd still end up in room 31498 BELOW a pole you definitely can't crawl back up, can you ?!   Wink

Wrong!  Haven't you found Psychotronic's cabin?

Yes....but I couldn't make much of it (see above). After the entrance you're immediately blocked by an invisible wall !!

No, you haven't found it  Wink

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #86 - 24.09.2007 at 23:35:21

Hi Brell et al,

The room I was referrring to where I almost quit is properly called the 'Yellow Key Grid Puzzle'.  I had no trouble following the gold coins, but Jack was left out in the cold trying to follow the silver ones.  After going around in circles and bashing his head against many unyielding stone walls, we finally got to the important lever, and stepping block and were able to carry on.   Grin

I also found there were certain areas that you had options on which way to go, and normally I don't like mansions with too much of this, as I feel I may not be able to get back to do them.  But with TPI, I just used logic and followed the keys to where they belonged and this way I was sure to do everything.  

And yes, AquaMat, I did every room, and it is really neat when you are finished and you bring up the Map, to see the real shape of the Ship.  It's too bad I couldn't make the map smaller to see the whole thing at once on my screen, but it has so many rooms, it is impossible.  Smiley

I would be interested in maybe becoming a beta tester, if anyone could tell me what's involved, and if it is ok that I am using an iMac, and not the best with computer programming? Questioning

take care all,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #87 - 25.09.2007 at 00:29:52

aquaMat wrote on 24.09.2007 at 21:35:46:
Found in the meantime (see above). I apparently had just tried the "bent-down" first; sorry.

I finally figured it out, too. Evil!   Wink

Congrats, SandyBean, that's quite an achievement. I'll be starting over once again to try and reach all rooms. I think I've got Psychotronic's Room figured out now, too.

Cool

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #88 - 25.09.2007 at 03:45:28

aquaMat wrote on 24.09.2007 at 21:21:53:
... did you always have these stars ???

Where do they come from ? ...

What stars? Grin Was a practical joke between brell and me! I thought that I had all skills to be Admiral on his ship and said that I was going to show my 5 golden stars on the boards. Small problem. Also brell (and joeb and suztours) got 5 golden stars.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #89 - 25.09.2007 at 03:53:36

SandyBean wrote on 24.09.2007 at 23:35:21:
... I would be interested in maybe becoming a beta tester, if anyone could tell me what's involved, and if it is ok that I am using an iMac, and not the best with computer programming? ...

So far there are NO instructions about beta-testing. You only need to be a volunteer and, since you seem to be, you ARE promoted to beta-tester! Wink

Beta-testing does NOT involve any computer programming knowledge. What you need to do is testing new mansions (in progress). That is not the same as playing them!! While testing, Jack needs to try all normal AND abnormal paths, to check if everything in the mansion is okay and doesn't lead to Jack-stucks, Half Jack-stucks etc. An HJS is a situation where Jack is stuck, but the player is able to continue game by commiting suicide. I mean Jack! Not the player ... Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Send Topic Print