Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Did you make it all of the way through The Pirate Invasion?

« Last Modified by: Nick on: 21.09.2007 at 19:36:04 »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Send Topic Print
The Pirate Invasion is out! (Read 99110 times)
Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: The Pirate Invasion is out!
Reply #70 - 23.09.2007 at 06:28:51

I've been unable to get that key, either. There's also a yellow one at the top left of the ship - same thing. I've tried the backwards thing, but it sounds like you have to keep Jack down there until he starts grunting. Is that it? I'll try it.

Undecided

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #71 - 23.09.2007 at 06:35:23

&spaquaMat wrote on 23.09.2007 at 05:07:49:
Rose,

well I just fin ished the ships too..... but even while I was finishing I realised that I had had no opportunity to get back to all those rooms I had missed. Et voilà: I ended with just 47 % secrets...... after 83 minutes. Whole areas of my map were still black !!

Hats off to you,
brell
, for the design of this monster, It must have cost you many sleepless nights..... I really love it !  But still I wish I would have a bit more "control" about how I play, where I go next etc.

Actually you have a LOT of control how you play, where to go next, etc.

aquaMat wrote on 23.09.2007 at 05:07:49:
The last time I played, the beginning was as usual - but (like every single time before) after about the second save, I suddenly took a completely different route than last time, discovered new rooms, a huge maze and eventually the exit too..... but missed many rooms I was able to solve last time.

From the second saving point you have three ways to go. That is a lot of control IMO.
And you don't have to miss anything no matter which route you take from that point.

What I regard as a major flaw for example: after I conquered the maze and finally arrived back on board at the back of the ship (where the pirate flag is), but right of all the corpses and zappers (30305), then I wish it would have been possible to return to the central area of the ship. But the right grey door in 30301 was closed, so it was not possible to return and finish all the rooms I had left out in the central ship area.

There should be a way to get back....

But you CAN go back - through the maze!

There are no areas on the ship - except from the finish section - where you absoulutely cannot go back to the central area of the ship.

And another thing:  I found no way whatsoever to reach the hidden red key in room 31904. I saw it, I got very close, but couldn't grab it, no matter if I knelt down, or turened my back etc.  Are you aware of that.... or did I miss something ??    Undecided

But apart from these issues: great great fun to explore....

As I've said before:  This key is totally reachable.  Actually, this trick has been around as least since Freddy's "House of Wonders".

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #72 - 23.09.2007 at 06:36:39

Semi-Native wrote on 23.09.2007 at 06:28:51:
I've been unable to get that key, either. There's also a yellow one at the top left of the ship - same thing. I've tried the backwards thing, but it sounds like you have to keep Jack down there until he starts grunting. Is that it? I'll try it.

Undecided

And why is he grunting?  Because he is doing armlifting!  Bravo, Semi-Native  Smiley

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #73 - 23.09.2007 at 06:41:26

And this trick is only one of the "wonders" in that house. Cool Grin
But what I wanted to say: the idea comes from Toybox and so all honour is for him.

IP Logged

ryos
Explorer

Colorado, USA

Utah, USA
Reply #74 - 23.09.2007 at 07:12:06

Quote:

Urk. Who wants to do that, especially with the coins gone? I'd sooner start over.

What's the rationale for letting the player return to the "party deck" but not the rest of the ship?

"Fun game: try to post a YouTube comment so stupid that people realize you must be joking.  (Hint: this is impossible)" -Randall Munroe

IP Logged

Chippy
Treasure Hunter

Switzerland
Reply #75 - 23.09.2007 at 16:30:33

Nick wrote on 20.09.2007 at 04:33:51:
Mikee The Pirate Invasion has 289 rooms, but only about 210 playable rooms, the rest are just ocean and sky.

okay.

crisscross24  
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #76 - 23.09.2007 at 18:06:02

ryos wrote on 23.09.2007 at 07:12:06:
Quote:

Urk. Who wants to do that, especially with the coins gone? I'd sooner start over.

What's the rationale for letting the player return to the "party deck" but not the rest of the ship?

You should be able to go the whole ship through again from the party deck. You have a lot of walking to do, I believe!

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #77 - 23.09.2007 at 19:00:36

Quote:

Absolutely !!

I don't understand that either....  

And also.... even if you would return thru the maze (who with a sane mind would do that?) you'd still end up in room 31498 BELOW a pole you definitely can't crawl back up, can you ?!   Wink

As for the red key in 31904:
As I said, I tried everything: push ups, back spins, twistmyass....you name it. If there is such a thing as the "Toybox trick" I probably once knew it, but definitely can't remember it anymore.

And brell:
You said, after save 2 one had a LOT of control about where to go next etc. ..... Well I know how you mean it (and it's probably a question of how you define "control", you seem to define it as "possibilities".....) and from that point of view I have to say you're right..... but may be that's the problem for me... too much possibilities.  Cheesy  Grin  Wink

But as I said.... on the other hand I love the fact that every time you seem to find new rooms to explore. Although I still can't believe there's a single member of our beloved group who managed to really visit ALL rooms in one single GAME, finding all secrets and coins.  Except maybe for yourself, brell......  Wink

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #78 - 23.09.2007 at 21:24:19

aquaMat wrote on 23.09.2007 at 19:00:36:
And also.... even if you would return thru the maze (who with a sane mind would do that?) you'd still end up in room 31498 BELOW a pole you definitely can't crawl back up, can you ?!   Wink

Wrong!  Haven't you found Psychotronic's cabin?

As for the red key in 31904:
As I said, I tried everything: push ups, back spins, twistmyass....you name it. If there is such a thing as the "Toybox trick" I probably once knew it, but definitely can't remember it anymore.

If by "push ups" you mean armlifting then, NO, you haven't tried it.  Read all the posts about this matter.

And brell:
You said, after save 2 one had a LOT of control about where to go next etc. ..... Well I know how you mean it (and it's probably a question of how you define "control", you seem to define it as "possibilities".....) and from that point of view I have to say you're right..... but may be that's the problem for me... too much possibilities.  Cheesy  Grin  Wink

IMO, if you can only go one way, you have no control on where to go next.

But as I said.... on the other hand I love the fact that every time you seem to find new rooms to explore. Although I still can't believe there's a single member of our beloved group who managed to really visit ALL rooms in one single GAME, finding all secrets and coins.  Except maybe for yourself, brell......  Wink

And at least my testers.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #79 - 24.09.2007 at 02:31:43

WOW  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

WHAT FUN !!!

I finished the entire Ship, no blank spots, all rooms visited in 78 mins, with a score of 65,875,  with 95% secrets found, and 53 lives left over.  I feel very excited !!!

I had done the beautiful Cruiser three times already, always finding new areas, and after almost giving up in the gold key grid, I decided to do it again and really try to get all areas in one go.  

I especially loved the "Mirror Room" (31296),  I can't tell you how many times Jack died in there the first few times thru.

I have memorized the location of the last rugsack, and hope I can remember for when the sequel comes out !!!

Thanks so much Brell for making such a wonderful, exciting and inovative Ship for us to play on. Smiley

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Send Topic Print