Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Who's Where?? (Read 30780 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: Who's Where??
Reply #10 - 04.01.2008 at 08:29:34

Joe,

I just doenloaded your update to Radeka, but haven't played it yet. (That was super-fast BTW !!).

So maybe some of the things I experienced are already fixed now...?!

I encountered a few unaligned room floors (resulting in death) in the "underworld" beyond the 4 (3) green doors....(the fourth door of which I had to "climb over" since that key you mentioned was missing (good to hear it isn't any longer...  Wink), but unfortunately I didn't write down the room numbers.

Also, there was one room (further "upstairs" somewhere) where I simply didn't find any hidden ladder or other means to get from the top floor onto the middle floor...so I had to do a squirrel jump to be able to continue (although I doubt that's what you intended). AM I missing something ?

I'll be reporting the resp. room numbers later.....

Those brown snakes are often so hard to see that I keep running into them....but that's basically because I didn't take your advice to stop after entering a room and have a look first. (To eager to keep on exploring  Smiley !!)

I'm well beyond the third save now, although I'm sure I took one turn somewhere after save 1 which I thought would lead to a short hidden extra route to explore, so I left what looked like the "main route" but never got back there, as that turn (a more or less hidden ladder) took me further and further down...... so I'm sure that I have at least one unfinished section somewhere up above and I'll probably never get back up there....  Cool   Wink    Undecided

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #11 - 04.01.2008 at 09:23:00

aquaMat,

Near the end is a snow mountain. If you haven't hit that you're not close to the end. PLEASE get back to me with room numbers as I want to make sure that everything is aligned.
I did warn about the snakes and spiders but I'm glad to hear you see my point. Our idea was to put something together that was explorable but engaging and I think we succeeded as your comment about being too excited to keep on exploring points out.

Keep having fun all!!

MJ

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #12 - 05.01.2008 at 06:06:32

Hi Guys,  

Excellent mansion, love the colors, graphics, design, and yes, lots of hard parts, but it is manageable.

I am past the fourth save pedestal, and have come to what I think is a dead end. Cry

I am in room #8295, entered from the lower left, but there is no where else to go.  Am I missing something? Embarrassed Undecided Shocked

Also, could not get to the snowy rooftops in #8695, I think the lever on the mid right is supposed to help, but it did not activate anything.  So my Jack cannot retrieve the purple key or the shields next door Cry

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #13 - 05.01.2008 at 09:23:18

BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!

No, you picked up a couple more. I've fixed them and more little graphic tweaks. As you can see I like to be detailed. The fixes were sent off to Freddy and Brell.
Good news is that you're the furthest along and you should have clear sailing to the end IF you make it past 8095. And congratulations I think I just added you to my beta test list?

Joe B

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #14 - 06.01.2008 at 00:09:30

joeb wrote on 04.01.2008 at 09:23:00:
aquaMat,

Near the end is a snow mountain. If you haven't hit that you're not close to the end. PLEASE get back to me with room numbers as I want to make sure that everything is aligned.
I did warn about the snakes and spiders but I'm glad to hear you see my point. Our idea was to put something together that was explorable but engaging and I think we succeeded as your comment about being too excited to keep on exploring points out.

Keep having fun all!!

MJ

Definitely!  I have a LOT of fun playing this mansion....
And the few minor issues can not diminuish the fun-factor of the mansion !

BTW, I never assumed I was already close to the end.

As far as room numbers are concerned, I again forget to write down most of them, but here are two examples of unaligned room floors:

When walking on the ground floor of room # 9102 into room # 9101 Jack always dies because there's something wrong with the floor.

A similar thing happens in one or two other occasions, I'll post those room-numbers a.s.a.p.

Another similar thing happens when coming into room # 9503 from 9504, but there I'm not sure if the reason is an unaligned floor.... the bottom right door in room # 9503 is closed (when I try it) and somehow Jack always dies when trying to walk into 9503.....

At the moment I can not get beyond one espescially "vicious" room (# 9501), that has two rows of irregular moving platforms with critters on them.
I'm simply losing all my Jacks (=lives) while trying to get past those platforms..... sometimes I lose more than 10 lives there !  Sad   Undecided   Cry

That's one of only very few spots in Radeka that I really find too hard. Most others are hard, but manageable after a while..... especially since you're very generous with coins and shields as compensation.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #15 - 06.01.2008 at 03:57:07

aquaMat wrote on 06.01.2008 at 00:09:30:
At the moment I can not get beyond one espescially "vicious" room (# 9501), that has two rows of irregular moving platforms with critters on them.
I'm simply losing all my Jacks (=lives) while trying to get past those platforms..... sometimes I lose more than 10 lives there !  Sad   Undecided   Cry

The snakes are "easily" manageable once you know how but the scorpions !?  I have yet to find out how to dodge them.  Lost 5 lives  Embarrassed

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #16 - 06.01.2008 at 04:29:23

OK I'm past the 4. saving point now.  I must say that sometimes there is more than meets the eye in this mansion.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #17 - 06.01.2008 at 08:37:03

OK,  I am in the 1.3 update, back in room # 8295, with a yellow, red, and three purple keys, and NO WHERE to go !!!  I have entered from the lower left, and for the life of Jack, he cannot find where to go from here. Shocked  What are we doing wrong???

Any Help???

Thanks,

SandyBean

PS:
Brell
,  how are the snakes in #9501 'easily' managed??? Huh (My Jack has lost at least 6 lives in this room!)

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #18 - 06.01.2008 at 10:56:09

Matt and I just want to thank everyone with their patience on Radeka. We're glad everyone seems to be enjoying the mansion and will continue to comment on where they think it's too easy, too hard, too many ____, whatever comments you'd like to make. It will help us create better mansions in the future. And please feel free to use any of the tiles. I think we've created some usable additions to the already rich MM tile set.

And of course, thanks for the WARM welcome back by everyone!!!

Joe B

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #19 - 06.01.2008 at 11:31:50

I have just sent off 1.5 which has ALL the issues noted fixed AND an easier version (not EASY....easier) version of 9501. The key to the room (as in most of life) is patience and timing.

Phew, been a long road but we hope it's been worth it. Of course Matt is already laying out a new mansion which is going to be yet another departure. I mentioned an idea to him and he ran with it and the basics are pretty spiffy but the graphic implementation is going to be quite involved. When we're ready to beta test I think I'll offer to the highest score and fastest time on Radeka.

Super Bowl meeting tomorrow so I won't be around. Have fun folks!!

Joe B

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print