Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Who's Where?? (Read 30957 times)
Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Re: Who's Where??
Reply #20 - 06.01.2008 at 20:14:24

Am I missing something in 9101? I opened the red door to get to the top lever, which activated the up-down platform from the middle. But I can't get to the middle lever without being zapped to death. And what's the purpose of that platform? I went down below and died a thousand deaths in 9501 trying to get past the spiders and scorpions, made it to the bottom of 9101 finally. Now what? It doesn't seem like Jack has anywhere new to go.
Cry

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #21 - 06.01.2008 at 23:14:16

SandyBean wrote on 06.01.2008 at 08:37:03:
PS:
Brell
,  how are the snakes in #9501 'easily' managed??? Huh (My Jack has lost at least 6 lives in this room!)

As Joe has come up with an easier version of this room this question is propably irrevelant now (I haven't played the newest version of R yet).

But, yes, there IS a trick to it.  Jack can stand on the same moving tile as a snake and thus jump over it to the next tile with a very precise timing.  The scorpions are harder, though, since they are the reverse of the snakes.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #22 - 06.01.2008 at 23:17:00

Semi-Native wrote on 06.01.2008 at 20:14:24:
Am I missing something in 9101? I opened the red door to get to the top lever, which activated the up-down platform from the middle. But I can't get to the middle lever without being zapped to death. And what's the purpose of that platform? I went down below and died a thousand deaths in 9501 trying to get past the spiders and scorpions, made it to the bottom of 9101 finally. Now what? It doesn't seem like Jack has anywhere new to go.
Cry

There is a trick to this room.  As I said in another post there is more than meets the eye in this mansion.  You have already activated the upper platform by pulling the uppermost lever.  Now you need to pull the other lever.  How can you get there WITHOUT having to jump through ALL the zappers?

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #23 - 07.01.2008 at 03:38:29

Well.........we made it through, sacrificing a lot of lives, and Jack was very Pleased to find a way up through #8295 available!!! Cheesy Grin Smiley Wink

Loved the design of #8095, good timing made it fun, but found a half JS when he went to the lower right corner to get the backpack, could not get back up, so had to jump to his death! Cry

As #9101 layout was changed and I didn't realize it, my Jack tried his old method and after dying a few times, we figured out we had to do it in a new fashion. Roll Eyes

We didn't find all the secrets, and will be having another go at it once we have recovered !!!  (may take months!)

All in all, I loved the mansion, and enjoyed the challenge!!!

thanks,

SandyBean Smiley

Picture_1_018.png (370 KB | )
Picture_1_018.png

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #24 - 08.01.2008 at 19:52:19

Phew, I managed to get through! I missed the screenshot - I had about 15 lives left, 60% secrets and it took me more than 100 minutes. And I had an extra red and yellow (or green) key.

It is quite difficult indeed, it made me raise an eyebrow at times. Especially that trick where you have to jump above snakes on moving platforms, then above scorpions!

The graphics are getting better and better - some stony walls are just fantastic, and the zapper beams look much friendlier now (I even liked going through them Shocked - not through the beam, mark you). I didn't think that any death was actually cheap, Joeb's warning notwithstanding - you could always see through the spiderweb's veils (if you remembered to look before getting eaten Roll Eyes), or notice the little glowing eyes, etc.

And for the reckless, there is a great amount of shields and money providing enough lives to allow for some, er, creative playing  Wink

And the exploration feeling was amazing!

But where are the missing 40%, I wonder?

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #25 - 08.01.2008 at 19:59:01

And the trick I finally found for Room #9501: sacrifice two Jacks to get rid of the middle critter; then, jumping above the first and third ones is not a huge problem.

Not extremely elegant, but I had only 3 Jacks left before taking this extreme measure.

I had some trouble in a room just prior to 9501 (but didn't note down the number; it had 3 floors of 'grey' doors and, to the right, a very foggy room): I managed to get the top floors' doors open and the bottom one's closed, but then I was sort of stuck. Trying to open the lower doors would close all top ones, and I couldn't reach the foggy room anymore. Finally I jumped on a snake (and lost a shield) to use its moving platform to get down. Is there a better trick?

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #26 - 08.01.2008 at 21:13:25

Toybox,

Since it seems that a couple of the "tricks" have been discovered here is the 9503/9504 hint. Don't use the 9504 bottom floor to get thru 9503. In this thread someone has posted THE trick which can be used in a few places 9503 being one of them. This room can be traversed WITHOUT losing a life.
Sounds like you all are having fun though and we thank you for the comments on the graphics. If it's OK with Vern I'm going to be putting together a "composite" empty mansion with what I consider are my best bricks, matching platforms, the new zappers, the single pole and metal ladders, the ropes and vines, the slime snake and some of the backgrounds. Let me know if you're interested.

Joe B

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #27 - 08.01.2008 at 22:44:30

That would be nice. These little rooms in the Empty mansion are so useful, as I discovered once when I had deleted them too early.

And something I wanted to add: in that place near the, er, third saving point (with the green doors), I think you can avoid using the keys by going on the floor above the doors. Of course, extra green keys means less space in the backpack, so it may also be considered as a very subtle trap  Wink

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #28 - 09.01.2008 at 01:01:20

Mmmh, 20% missing, and I still have those two extra keys  Angry I wonder if these facts could be related  Wink

Picture_1_011.jpg (137 KB | )
Picture_1_011.jpg

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #29 - 09.01.2008 at 02:00:44

Nope. I just pulled out (or forgot) to put in the doors for those 2 keys. Matt had wanted those keys and doors so they were kind of off my radar i.e. you can wind up with 2 keys and they have nothing to do with the secrets.

Joe B

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print