Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Send Topic Print
News corner (Read 62955 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: News corner
Reply #40 - 25.07.2008 at 20:40:03

Missy wrote on 25.07.2008 at 17:51:35:
OR, since most all Admins are not avail on calendar

What do you mean?  The absence schedule only shows when we are absent, not when we are present.  So when the absence schedule is empty it means that we are around.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #41 - 25.07.2008 at 20:41:05

rose wrote on 25.07.2008 at 16:20:42:
Freddy wrote on 25.07.2008 at 15:25:07:
 I can't recall, but I don't think that the Tutorial-mansion is in the demo pack. Or am I wrong? Undecided

Yes, those are the only one you can play before you've got your code. Or has it changed? Wink

Actually the Tutorial mansion is playable in the demo pack.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #42 - 25.07.2008 at 21:02:25

Aha! Thx for reporting.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #43 - 25.07.2008 at 22:47:24

aquaMat wrote on 25.07.2008 at 19:32:42:
Missy wrote on 22.07.2008 at 20:49:25:
For some reason, some CM's save does not work lately so I just gave up playing them.  I do get to the save point and save the game, all is well if I continue playing, however, if I save and come back later......the save is in my save list, but after clicking on it I get a pop up stating there is no save.......that is why I now stopped playing the CM's   Smiley

Whaaat ?

I never heard about this problem ?  Are you sure you have the "Saved Games" in the correct folder ?
Or maybe you changed a certain mansion's name AFTER having saved a game (save pedestal). This would explain why the computer can't  connect the "Saved Game" to the mansion in question.

Does it happen with ALL custom mansions ?

Thank you for your concern AquaMat.
Freddy explained to me that the special "Download all M's at once" was outdated, most of the M's in that folder were still a work in progress. 
If I download the CM's individually, everything is OK.   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #44 - 25.07.2008 at 23:19:03

brell wrote on 25.07.2008 at 20:40:03:
Missy wrote on 25.07.2008 at 17:51:35:
OR, since most all Admins are not avail on calendar

What do you mean?  The absence schedule only shows when we are absent, not when we are present.  So when the absence schedule is empty it means that we are around.

Yes Brell, but remember, when WE newbies go to that calendar.......here is a cut & paste of that calendar......

Absence schedule
Feb 15th, 2007, 3:47am   brell

Brell
Freddy
Suztours

When NEWBIES, are trying to post & we cannot do that unless we go thru Admin's first.
Now look at the above calendar.  REMEMBER TO THINK LIKE A NEWBIE.
Under the verbage "Absence Schedule"  is a date and time, Feb 07.....After we do not get a response, we go back to that page & study it and panic that all these people have been absent since 2007.  

I hope that this clears up why there is a confusion.

It would be great if along side of the name of the person they would state a time frame of absent.  ie: gone from June 20th to Aug 15th 2008.

Also, it would be great for the newbie, who does not know how to navigate on a forum, if there would also be an additional link provided with:  "use this link only if all admin's are on vacation"  so that they can actually get a reply.

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #45 - 27.07.2008 at 23:30:16

Hi Freddy,
I finally had some time to delete all the CM's and I downloaded the "Underground Fortress" not from the "download all CM's at once" section.
The Curious Observatory is great and saves properly. It has a castle icon beside its name, however, the Underground Fortress does not save at all.  Pls. read my step by step below.

Ok, here is a perfect example of the CM not saving game.

I downloaded Underground Fortress (UF)
I saved it in Finder, MM’s Custom Mansion Folder (like the other CM downloads)
The UF does not have a castle Icon like the other CM downloads. It only shows a folder beside its name.
I click on the folder pic for UF and another window opens, containing 2 UF files. One has the castle Icon named UF and the other line has a pic of a page named UF Notes.
I close Finder.
I click on Jack icon in Dashboard.
I click "start game".
I click "Open Mansion".
A new pop up appears:  “Choose file” listing all the downloaded CM’s.
The UF is the only CM in the short list showing a folder icon beside its name.
  I click on the UF folder and a new window appears beside it with the same 2 lines for UF as previously in the Finder window.  The castle icon on one line with the UF name in full and on another line a pic of a page named UF Notes.
I click on the castle icon and play the game.
I save game at save point. (Just like I do with Curious Observatory).
  I exit.
  I come back to main MM menu page and click on “Open Game”
  A new pop up appears stating “Make sure this item is in the custom file folder. (This does not appear when I click the saved CO game, I actually play the saved game.)

Please review above and let me know why this game and others that show a file folder beside their name in the main CM download section, do not save.
Does it have something to do with the folder.....as the other CM's show a castle icon beside their name and they save and play properly.  Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #46 - 27.07.2008 at 23:51:11

Hi!
You don't need the folder and the Notes. Just move the file with the castle icon to the folder Custom mansions. The application have no use for the folder or Notes and the game file has to be on the "right level".

I hope this will help,
Rose

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #47 - 28.07.2008 at 00:26:36

Hi Rose,

Gob Bless you for taking the time to help.   Smiley
I just did as you suggested, it replaced all 3 UF's with the castle icon in the 1st pg of the CM's.
I will try the game later to see if it will save.  I will let you know later.

Missy

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #48 - 28.07.2008 at 09:46:02

Missy wrote on 25.07.2008 at 10:33:02:
...most of us newbies anxiously jump to the actual game... which appeals to us a lot more than reading all the foreboding text that will just go over our heads anyway...

I confess, I didn't read the instructions and it took me about three mansions to realize there was text on those signs! Eventually with the help of everyone here I figured out all the stuff I was missing. But maybe giving newbies a few basic pointers, and making it  obvious , would keep them from getting stuck right away. The more fun the game, the more players we have, the more designers we get, the more fun we have    Smiley

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #49 - 28.07.2008 at 10:42:05

Hi Josephine   Smiley

Aaaaaabsooooooolutly!!!   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Send Topic Print