Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Send Topic Print
News corner (Read 62957 times)
rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Re: News corner
Reply #50 - 28.07.2008 at 15:36:53

Shocked But guys, there are
help instructions
and
tutorial mansions!!!
They should give you all necessary information.
After that there is a learning period. Start with the easy original mansions and the more skilled you get you try harder ones. In the custom mansions there might be tricks that aren't in the original mansions but if the player don't find them out by them self they can ask in the forum! Smiley

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #51 - 28.07.2008 at 16:06:42

Hi Rose,

Newbies cannot ask in the forum, if all Admins are on holidays and no one is available to allow them to post.

How many people do you know read the instructions on anything they buy and have to assemble?  The same goes for games.  People just want to jump in and play. yes? no?
Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #52 - 28.07.2008 at 22:11:26

That is right Missy and everyone wants the information in a different way, but still there is information on how to play.

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #53 - 30.07.2008 at 01:25:52

Hi All,

Lots of great discussion on the "News Corner" topic, and some good ideas.

I have been off the boards for a bit now, pretty busy lately at the Horse Rescue, and with training my two dogs for the Therapy work they do in the local hospital.

I can't believe it has only been a year since I joined the forum, with all the great people and conversations, it feels like I have been part of the MM Family for much longer!

I do remember a bit about being a "Newbie".  I was warmly welcomed on the boards very quickly by the admins, especially Freddy and Brell, and as I started out with about a million questions, I was pleasantly surprised to have my posts answered very nicely and in a timely fashion. Roll Eyes

I also remember at first having a bit of a learning curve for both the game itself, and then the use of the forum (but it was my Very First), and needing to do some detective work to find the CM's.  This did not deter me in the least, as I love solving problems, and did eventually figure most of it out (and I had lots of help from members!).

I personally like the idea of a simple " Info  Mansion", it would be fun to learn, explore, and discover all at once, and I too, did not originally read the instructions, I played a few mansions, and kept going back to the written instructions as needed.   Cheesy    It would need input and mutual agreement as to what hints/instructions to release, and what to hold back for adventuring sake.

It might be better if there was a separate tab for 'new registration' for an easy instruction page, and links to follow, and a bit of an explanation on rules of posting, and how to find CM's, etc.

I do like the idea of the news corner being used to announce new CM's, and maybe this would be a place to put Newbie Instructions; like  "New to the Forum? Click Here".

I also agree the Admins Absence is a little confusing, considering the date of the post, and may need a bit of updating to be clearer.  For me it was no problem, as Freddy responded immediately  Wink and helped me get my bearings.

All in all, I think it is a wonderful forum, and as with anything that involves intelligent, caring people, it is always expanding, improving and is a 'work in progress'.

Take care, and I hope everyone is having a great summer !  Cool

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Lara
Explorer

Lewisham, England
Reply #54 - 30.07.2008 at 04:01:05

Whilst we are talking about organising things, what do we think about tidying up the message board a bit?

I often think that the message board looks quite big and confusing. Many message boards have a main page, and then some sub pages. What do the admins think about changing the board so we have the following main pages?

- Announcements
- Midnight Mansion Game
- Expansion Pack
- Custom Mansions Area
- Free Chat

Also, if we want to promote the totally awesome custom mansions, maybe we could move the Custom Mansions up the page?

What about this order?

- Midnight Mansion Game
- Custom Mansions Area
- Announcements
- Expansion Pack
- Free Chat

Just some ideas...  Smiley

WWW Lara  
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #55 - 30.07.2008 at 04:15:44

YES, Laura, that is a GREAT IDEA.   

And in each category, maybe each mansion can have it's own Topic header so that one does not have to surf all over the forum for hints. 

Great idea.   Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #56 - 30.07.2008 at 09:38:43

rose wrote on 28.07.2008 at 15:36:53:
... there are
help instructions
and
tutorial mansions!!!

Of course there are. But are we going to get nitpicky about The One True Proper Way to start playing MM? Or do we want newbies to dive in and get hooked on the game before they run into problems? MM is loads of fun, but some people get frustrated when they're stuck and may just give up if they can't easily find the answer (this isn't a test, it's a game.) Why penalize those people (ie: paying customers) with more difficulty when we want them to enjoy it?  Smiley

Missy- great idea about each mansion having it's own separate header. Players could find answers more easily and it would prevent the same questions from being asked multiple times.

Lara- tidying up the forums would simplify things too. That whole "admin absence" really had me confused when I joined! I thought maybe they weren't involved in the game anymore because the dates were a year old. I love the idea of a "Newbies- Get Unstuck Here!" header, with a list of basic help tips like "command D to find the room number" or "there is a map included for each mansion" (I didn't know this  Tongue  )

Hey SandyBean- not to hijack the thread, I have a question about your horse rescue. Check out the speaker's corner area.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #57 - 31.07.2008 at 18:26:44

Hello,

Pls. note the page numbers at the bottom or the top of the page.  In other Topics they are even smaller.

Well, it's hard to see which page number is selected.  Also, it would be nice if their was a "next page" option.

Thank you

Missy

IP Logged

nancygevans
Wanderer

California
Reply #58 - 31.07.2008 at 23:58:40

I agree. I remember first logging on to the new board and having to e-mail Freddy about what to do. We want to encourage the new guys and the way it is it's confusing.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #59 - 03.08.2008 at 21:27:23

Like everybody has seen Wink, brell is absent for the time being. And I am not going to change anything before we had contact.

But ... improving changes are to come. Definitely.

I like to thank everybody for their contributions. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Send Topic Print