Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
Send Topic Print
About Luris (Read 77528 times)
Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Re: About Luris
Reply #80 - 28.04.2009 at 02:44:05

Okay, I must be real dumb...but I am trying Luris all over again, this time without cheating, & I made it to the save room 11900, with 5 lives. Yeah!!!!
But what I STILL can't figure out is how to get the green key.  I have used up 2 lives trying to jump from the up & down moving brick & the one just below it, but Jack can't jump onto the disappearing brick.  What am I doing wrong?

Picture_1_035.png (116 KB | )
Picture_1_035.png

Missy

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #81 - 28.04.2009 at 03:13:51

Missy wrote on 28.04.2009 at 02:44:05:
Okay, I made it to the save room 11900, with 5 lives. Yeah!!!!
But what I STILL can't figure out is how to get the green key.  I have used up 2 lives trying to jump from the up & down moving brick & the one just below it, but Jack can't jump onto the disappearing brick.  What am I doing wrong?

Great Smiley but you're not supposed to jump from the left... you get to the disappearing brick from the right. You should have three moving platforms to the right of the lava if everything is in order. If you don't, you've missed a lever/switch somewhere

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #82 - 28.04.2009 at 03:19:34

I found 3 switches.  But there are only 2 moving bricks to the right of the lava.  The one over the save does not go over very far & is tooo low.  Can there be a 4th switch that I don't see?

Missy

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #83 - 28.04.2009 at 04:09:57

Missy wrote on 28.04.2009 at 03:19:34:
I found 3 switches.  But there are only 2 moving bricks to the right of the lava.  The one over the save does not go over very far & is tooo low.  Can there be a 4th switch that I don't see?

Indeed... or a lever... remember the first room?

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #84 - 28.04.2009 at 04:11:52

Missy wrote on 28.04.2009 at 03:19:34:
I found 3 switches.  But there are only 2 moving bricks to the right of the lava.  The one over the save does not go over very far & is tooo low.  Can there be a 4th switch that I don't see?

Absolutly! Some switches are invisible.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #85 - 28.04.2009 at 04:21:37

Thank you OTG & Rose....Boy do I feel foolish.  I have been having chest pains all morning & even now.  hmmmm.  I don't know if it's this game, or if its really my heart!

Thanks guys!

Missy

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #86 - 28.04.2009 at 04:50:46

I think it would be a bonus to have an 'edu' version, but I have to say something here that we all seem to have forgotten.

When a designer builds a mansion, it is his/her own personal creation, and a gift to all MM players.

If it is not constructed for a contest or to be included in the paid game mansions, the designer has what is called 'creative license' to realize his vision into a working, playable, and hopefully enjoyable place for Jack.

If you are not enjoying the mansion, there are over a hundred others to choose from.  

I do not feel it is the designers responsibility to create a mansion that pleases all people at all times.  

For those less experienced players, stick to the easy/med mansions, but don't try and make a designer conform to your level of skill.

These are just my thoughts, and not intended to offend anyone.

Thanks,

SandyBean Smiley

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #87 - 28.04.2009 at 05:09:30

Well said Sandy Bean....and I'm sure (assuming) that we all agree.  
But if the experts are giving up then, hmmmm, how many players would be left to play/enjoy the game???
So what would be the point of having a game that can't be played?  Especially after all that creative hard work.

Even the greatest artists of yester year had to go back to the easel, when no one wanted to buy their paintings if they wanted to see their works realized.
Sorry, I am not trying to be confrontational.   Smiley

When a few people complain of the difficulty (incl. me) it can be ignored, but when the masses complain.....well.... you are right....it is up to the CM creator.... if he wants his masterpiece played or collecting dust. yes? no?

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #88 - 28.04.2009 at 09:59:37

Room 11102

Olle the Greatest wrote on 12.04.2009 at 03:08:56:
It's a real save, but you can't just walk down the ladder

Ok, Jack is down to 1 life.  He tried the sinking brick on the side of the save, but died instead.  Help Please! 
How to get to the save, otherwise Jack has to do all that NASTY run again!!!
Also, to get to the other side of the poles, does he have to enter from another room?  Gosh these puzzles really make you think!

Missy

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #89 - 28.04.2009 at 17:44:04

rose wrote on 27.04.2009 at 21:08:19:
AquaMat, don't give up. The best is to come. I find it easier to play Luris than Temple of the Moon. It has taken me over two years to get to the first save pedestal in TOM!!!!!

Really ???  I never had that many problems with TOM (I looked it up again, it has taken me 2 days to get through, playing each day about 1-2 hours).
Of course I know that in "Luris" the best stuff still lies ahead of me.....
but I'll give it at least a break of 1 or 2 weeks before I might try again.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
Send Topic Print