Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print
About Luris (Read 77659 times)
aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Re: About Luris
Reply #90 - 28.04.2009 at 17:56:22

I absolutely agree with what SandyBean said above, the designer indeed doesn't have to please all people.

But on the other hand, I also agree with Missy's reply, or some of it at least....especially since I believe that in the case of "Luris" a compromise could easily be found.

One suggestion I have already made at the beginning of this discussion - which is to simply hand out more money / lives in the very first room.
The other one is the concept of adding (lots) more saves to "Luris".

Probably a combined approach of these two suggestions would work best - without Olle having to change the slightest bit of his puzzles and rooms.

If he absolutely doesn't want to touch it.... he could still call this version the "very hard version" and make another one (including the extra money + saves) as the "normal-to-hard" version.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #91 - 28.04.2009 at 20:04:19

Room 11102

Thank you Olle....that is sure sneaky!!!  Live & Learn. 
It's thru these types of sneaky moves, Jack learns what he is capable of.  Thank you again.

Missy

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Room 12297
Reply #92 - 29.04.2009 at 08:11:29

Olle the Greatest wrote on 27.04.2009 at 02:55:38:
Semi-Native has hinted what should be enough, and yes, I'm enjoying it Cheesy

If the precision didn't help, you need more precision... that's all I can say. Re-downloading the game won't make you loose your progress, but it won't help you either, at least not in this room. It takes a few tries... [definition of "a few" is very individual]

Well, I made it to room 12297 again without cheating...It was a fresh re-downloaded game.  I made a movie of that very same problem.  I could not open the zip file. Called Apple Care.  Had to re-download ALL of the MM file again. Re-install my Apple disk.  AND CORRUPTED THE LURIS FILE IN THE PROCESS, AS IT WAS ON PAUSE.  All is lost....darn, darn, darn.   Smiley

Olle, Room 12297 definitely is not what you & Semi-Native describe. 
I don't know if I have the stamina to go thru it all over again, to make the movie & send it to you. On my end, there definitely is a glitch. 
I agree with Aquamat & Rose (I think)....more saves/monies would be a tremendous stress breaker.
Having said that....it is strictly up to you.  Smiley

Missy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #93 - 29.04.2009 at 13:07:09

Sorry to hear you have such problems, Missy! I think you should give Luris a rest. It is very hard in places and there isn't any time limit to play it.
I have several mansions that I still haven't been able to finish because I find them hard to play, Jack dies to early. But that is also some of the challange when playing and suddenly one has mastered a few more rooms and the playing can go on.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #94 - 29.04.2009 at 20:52:56

Thank you Rose, you're so sweet!

Jack was doing pretty good until that room 12297.  I am going to try and see if a movie can be made of it, in mansion level builder.  Olle sent me pics if what Jack has to do, and Jack had and has been doing that, but for some reason, on my end, the ledges are almost nonexistent.  
And your right, in the first round I was treating it as a time limit game. The 2nd time I went real slow and it was a lot easier....still frustrating, if your trying to check out for all the secrets and Jack keeps dying, but not as nearly as bad as the 1 time around.
That fishy room with the pyramid is a real nightmare tho.  My Jack can't get to the top without dying. But, as Olle and  Brell stated before.  There aren't that many moves Jack can make, so the trick to making it an easier play is to figure out the right move before taking action.

Missy

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #95 - 29.04.2009 at 22:17:19

You don't make a movie in the Mansion Level Builder, you do in the Mansion application. When you've started your mansion go to File > Start recording movie or hit command key + R. Now you play and all you do will be recorded.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #96 - 29.04.2009 at 23:06:26

Hi Rose,
I just don't have the energy to go thru Luris for the 3rd time JUST YET, so I thought that I could make a movie of that one room only in the mansion level builder, but I just discovered that I can't....as you were kind enough to point out.  Thank you for caring & sharing.

Missy

IP Logged

Windrider
Wanderer

New York City
Room 11299 - Hint Please
Reply #97 - 30.04.2009 at 19:05:10

Ok, so I know where the lever is but I just can't seem to figure out how to get to it. Have tried to let Jack rest, kneel and jump all over the place but have been stuck in this room for days on end. I find the "resting" thing tedious and at times I get distracted in the middle of playing because of it. So if this is one of the necessary techniques in this room....can someone tell me WHERE? I feel sure that I can figure out what to do once I get to the lever.

I love the creativity in this mansion but at times just feel a bit overwhelmed by the lack of some easier  rooms here and there, so as to feel that I am making progress.

IP Logged

Missy
Treasure Hunter

Toronto, Canada
Reply #98 - 30.04.2009 at 23:04:07

Hi Windrider

I sent you a PM.

Missy

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #99 - 01.05.2009 at 09:44:13

Hi OTG -

I was in room 11294. I dropped down on the farthest left falling brick - actually a one half brick - and landed in room 11494. I can't figure out how to get out????

Picture_1_036.png (113 KB | )
Picture_1_036.png

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print