Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 35
Send Topic Print
MM2 - Brave New World (Read 19866 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: MM2 - Brave New World
Reply #20 - 15.01.2023 at 19:51:11

OK.  Found the way to 16498 via the room below.

My opinion:

Rather neat but not so obvious way.  The "walk" from the moving platform to the money bag is not easy but perhaps not very hard either.

But the interval between the zapper beams in 16498 is too short to be able to pull the levers IMO.

Picture_3_039.png (146 KB | 19 )
Picture_3_039.png

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #21 - 16.01.2023 at 00:51:52

Hello,
brell
. I am so happy that you got into the dark room from below. But you may be right that in room 16698 the access to the money bag needs to be more obvious, thus normal. I will do something about that and await your opinion.

Concerning the dark room 16498 itself it is indeed impossible to pull the levers on the bottom row and get away in time. But there is no need at all to that. Just take the shortest way to the lantern (while using the zapper intervals), return to the room and then find your way to the
blue knot
lever that helps you further. However, I will make the intervals a little bit longer, to make it more comfortable for what Jack really has to do.

No purple key yet. But did you find the second dark room in the same blue area?

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #22 - 16.01.2023 at 01:02:09

Freddy wrote on 16.01.2023 at 00:51:52:
... I will do something about that and await your opinion. ...

I am thinking about:
- bringing down the moving platform with 2 tiles;
- changing the speed of the platform from 5 to 3;
- making the ledge of arrival a bit longer.

See pic. Especially for the speed of the platform.
Wink
« Last Edit: 16.01.2023 at 17:56:39 by Freddy »  

Afbeelding_1_007.png (154 KB | 21 )
Afbeelding_1_007.png

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #23 - 16.01.2023 at 20:00:43

Freddy wrote on 16.01.2023 at 00:51:52:
Hello,
brell
. I am so happy that you got into the dark room from below. But you may be right that in room 16698 the access to the money bag needs to be more obvious, thus normal. I will do something about that and await your opinion.

Concerning the dark room 16498 itself it is indeed impossible to pull the levers on the bottom row and get away in time. But there is no need at all to that. Just take the shortest way to the lantern (while using the zapper intervals), return to the room and then find your way to the
blue knot
lever that helps you further. However, I will make the intervals a little bit longer, to make it more comfortable for what Jack really has to do.

No purple key yet. But did you find the second dark room in the same blue area?

My opinion of the change in 16698:  Good change.

I figured out about the zappers.  Right now I am trying to solve the grey doors puzzle.  A very hard puzzle IMO but that's ok.
Haven't found any second dark room unless you are talking about the room to the right of 16498.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #24 - 17.01.2023 at 01:49:35

brell wrote on 16.01.2023 at 20:00:43:
...  Right now I am trying to solve the grey doors puzzle.  A very hard puzzle IMO but that's ok.
Haven't found any second dark room unless you are talking about the room to the right of 16498.

While thinking about the changes for room 16698 I suddenly got the impression of knowing how you previously tried to handle this room. Did you try to jump from the moving platform to the edge of the upper floor where the zapper beam is and only then getting down?

Now that you know about the grey doors puzzle, you are right on track again! Automatically missing rooms or keys will be found.
Smiley

I do hope that you still like the way that the mansion is developing. But feel free to say it when you have an other opinion.
« Last Edit: 17.01.2023 at 16:27:37 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #25 - 17.01.2023 at 03:25:03

Freddy wrote on 17.01.2023 at 01:49:35:
While thinking about the changes for room 16698 I suddenly I got the impression of knowing how you previously tried to handle this room. Did you try to jump from the moving platform to the edge of the upper floor where the zapper beam is and only then getting down?

No, I walked off the moving platform on the right spot.  Rather easy when you know how.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #26 - 20.01.2023 at 18:43:08

OK. Finished with 66% secrets.
Overall a good mansion more or less within the normal difficulty range. A bit tedious walking back with the purple key for the exit but I suppose that will change as the mansion expands.
No major flaws found.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #27 - 21.01.2023 at 13:57:31

Thx
brell
for the continuing support!

brell wrote on 20.01.2023 at 18:43:08:
OK. Finished with 66% secrets.

I did recheck that, just to know what you're probably missing. As previously said, I do want that everything is in balance. So in the soon coming zip 007 I added a small hint to make at least one of the missing secrets more normal. I hope.
Undecided

...  with the purple key for the exit ...

I am interested in how you did experience the 'limited backpack - shields - keys' issue.

... A bit tedious walking ... for the exit but I suppose that will change as the mansion expands. ...

Indeed. (Like in the past I try to add an ugly temporary save and exit at each betatesting 'mansion', because it makes counting money and secrets easier.)

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #28 - 21.01.2023 at 17:32:51

Freddy wrote on 21.01.2023 at 13:57:31:
...  with the purple key for the exit ...

I am interested in how you did experience the 'limited backpack - shields - keys' issue.

Just what an experienced player can expect from Freddy  Cool

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #29 - 22.01.2023 at 15:22:09

Good morning everybody!

The first purple section feels like completed to me. Last changes are: raising the money with another $ 125, adding smoke to some of the candles, making the skull spider on the bottom floor in the skeletons room slower, rearranging the blue room with the jump to the money bag and adding a hint for a secret.

For those who are missing some secrets, please have a look at picture 1. If you haven't seen this spot before, then this will be your target.

Previously I said something about a transit room. Well, that changed into a 7 room area. One of those rooms you see on picture 2. A room with a lot of ways to go!
Cool

Meanwhile the blue area got a rather small extension as well. Picture 3 shows a room where Jack's life might be in danger.

To be continued in next post because of the attachments. Three seems to be the limit.

pic_1.png (20 KB | 21 )
pic_1.png
pic_2.png (249 KB | 24 )
pic_2.png
pic_3.png (163 KB | 18 )
pic_3.png

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 35
Send Topic Print