Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll closed Poll
Question: Wish you a new Mansion Builder up to 10.7 ?
*** This poll has now closed ***

Absolutely nessecary!    
  8 (80.0%)
Perhaps ... But welcome    
  2 (20.0%)
Not really, but ok!    
  0 (0.0%)
No need of this crap!    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 10
« Created by: gonzo on: 11.04.2012 at 04:21:12 »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Send Topic Print
At last! Discotheque Of Doom ins running for me... (Read 79562 times)
Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Re: At last! Discotheque Of Doom ins running for me...
Reply #70 - 07.05.2012 at 17:31:35

SandyBean wrote on 06.05.2012 at 02:10:41:
Rob, Thank You So Much, for working on IR and converting it and making it available.  Seems there is so much for you to do, with all the conversions and special scenarios and I truly, truly appreciate you taking time out from this and your Life to help me  Smiley

You're very welcome. Converting the mansions is actually pretty easy when you don't have to fiddle with graphics or any details of the mansion itself. It took me longer to upload and update the forum than it did to convert it.  I'm sure that the custom backgrounds will come with time.

One thing I neglected to do, but will do later today sometime is to do a quick check with the old builder to see if there might be something within the mansion that is broken by the new game. I believe that all of the changes have been discussed in this thread.

As I mentioned before I am seeing a little "ghosting" while I was playing part of it. It's seen where creatures walk behind certain tiles in layer 6. That appears to be an issue with the new game and I've sent Vern an email about it already.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #71 - 09.05.2012 at 19:56:36

@ Rob:

Rob Seegel wrote on 07.05.2012 at 00:46:12:
aquaMat wrote on 07.05.2012 at 00:10:36:
@Brell:

You can see for yourself how it looks for me.... I'll attach a screenshot.

I use those same colors, and I don't have the same issue. Too bad your screenshot didn't show posts you did. Brell sees modify for all posts since he has Admin privileges. You should only see the modify button on your posts.  I'm still looking to see if I can tell what might be causing it.

I created a test account and tried posting here. Immediately after, I was able to modify and then delete the post with the test account.  This is going to sound ridiculous, and I hate to ask, but are you sure you were logged in at the time?

Yeah, sure - I was logged in - I always keep my log-in status on "eternal" or whatever it's called - so the forum always immediately recognizes me when I drop by.

@ Rob, Brell, Rose etc.:

Though I haven't shown one of my posts in the attached screenshot I can't see the MODIFY there neither - after all that's how I discovered that it was gone (for me) - while I was trying to edit a post I had written earlier.   Of course I wouldn't want to MODIFY other people's posts.... Grin  Wink

Rose, actually I doubt that it has anything to do with the forum display colors - as Rob has said he's using the same look and also - as I said - I have been using that for several years now I think, and I am pretty sure that I already had this look when I still could MODIFY my older posts. (Probably a year ago or so.)
It was just the only thing I first could imagine to maybe be responsible for this odd behaviour.

There are other things too, BTW.
Whereas a few days ago, the size of the font displayed in THIS window (where you type your posts in before they're 'published'), was as it always was - large enough for me to read....I now suddenly have problems (even with my reading glasses on).
As usual the font size setting field right above this window has no real influence on the font size used while you type, it only influences the size which is later displayed once the post is published.

But this is only a minor problem compared to the MODIFY-issue. That one really puzzles me.....
Undecided     Shocked    Huh

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #72 - 09.05.2012 at 20:00:06

For completion's sake:
A screenshot taken RIGHT AFTER I finished the post below.....

NewPost_ScreenSh.jpg (75 KB | 353 )
NewPost_ScreenSh.jpg

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #73 - 09.05.2012 at 20:10:14

Sorry, aquamat. I thought is was about the colour . I sometimes don't read the text as I should.  I have the option to modify my post at least!

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #74 - 09.05.2012 at 20:11:38

here is my screen shot.

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #75 - 09.05.2012 at 22:26:04

@aquamat

Still looking into it.  I'll check the code to see if that can yield any clues as to what the problem might be. Have you tried different browsers (the font issue). I was just looking at the cookies the site saves in my browser, and one or two of those looked like potential suspects.

Which browser and version are you using? I think it's unlikely that it's the browser, but you never know... Also, have you tried logging out of the forum and then logging in again?

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #76 - 10.05.2012 at 23:59:49

rose wrote on 09.05.2012 at 20:11:38:
here is my screen shot.

@ Rose:

That's exactly how it used to look for me  - say - a year ago or more.

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #77 - 11.05.2012 at 00:09:43

Rob Seegel wrote on 09.05.2012 at 22:26:04:
@aquamat

Still looking into it.  I'll check the code to see if that can yield any clues as to what the problem might be. Have you tried different browsers (the font issue). I was just looking at the cookies the site saves in my browser, and one or two of those looked like potential suspects.

Which browser and version are you using? I think it's unlikely that it's the browser, but you never know... Also, have you tried logging out of the forum and then logging in again?

@Rob:

I am (still) using the same browser, Safari, although now in version 5.1.2 (since Dec 2011, after I got the MacBook). I should go to the studio and switch on the G5, running the older Safari, and check if there the MOFIFY button is still visible !!?

As for the text-size-issue:
In the meantime I found out that on the right corner right BELOW this field (in which I type the text before it is published) there is a field saying "Text size:  __ pt"  and  + / - buttons to modify the size.

So I was able to make it bigger again - but that still doesn't explain how it suddenly got to being so small, without me knowing about this feature, let alone having set it to small.
And also - it seems to switch back to small. I had set that Text Size field on 9 pt last night and now it was back to 6 pt......  whereas before it was always at least 9 pt for years and years.

However, that issue is not that problematic  - so you should not waste your valuable time on finding out anything about it !

IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #78 - 11.05.2012 at 02:33:00

aquaMat wrote on 10.05.2012 at 23:59:49:
rose wrote on 09.05.2012 at 20:11:38:
here is my screen shot.

@ Rose:

That's exactly how it used to look for me  - say - a year ago or more.

As I described you can change it. I find the s-y yellow and green brown hard to read.

IP Logged

Rob Seegel
YaBB Administrator

Baltimore, MD
Reply #79 - 11.05.2012 at 04:58:22

@aquaMat

Here's something that might be of interest - just now I logged on to a different machine, and noticed that I was also not seeing the Modify button though I was logged in (according to the top of the page).

Here's why:  I was last logged in under a differet IP address, and the forum detects that, in case it's not really you I guess, and it disables your session. Odd that it still allows you to post, and shows you as being logged in. Possibly a glitch in the software...

Anyway, near the top of the page, there's a list of tabs (Home, Help, Search, etc ). One of them is "Update Session". When I click on Update Session and fill in the requested information, the forum recreates the session, and I see the Modify button again. Perhaps, that's what happened to you, especially if you access the forum from multiple machines often.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Send Topic Print