Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Hello? Anybody still here? (Read 32167 times)
josephine
Adventurer

California
Re: Hello? Anybody still here?
Reply #30 - 01.08.2014 at 15:39:22

Just bumping the thread  Wink  I suspect a lot of people drop by without signing in (like I do) just to see if there's anything new.

Well, there is! After hitting a wall (and getting sidetracked by life) I'm back at work on a new mansion. Official announcement coming soon...

IP Logged

SandyBean
Adventurer

Deroche,BC,Canada
Reply #31 - 01.08.2014 at 23:31:39

I Check In every few days, and as you say, don't always log on. 

Great to hear there is a new mansion in the making, and very much looking forward to it ! Cheesy
Take care everyone,
SandyBean  Smiley

IP Logged

sherryl199
Explorer

Wilmington, NC USA
Reply #32 - 03.08.2014 at 07:43:03

I haven't logged in in a long time - I really miss MM. Even the member "fights" were fun. For a while it was one heck of an involved community.

"There are three kinds of people in the world - those who are good at math, and those who are not"

IP Logged

josephine
Adventurer

California
Reply #33 - 04.08.2014 at 16:33:09

Hi guys! Yeah it was a fun community (funny, I don't even remember the fights Grin )

I have 2 full mansions in progress- MM1/HD and MM2. You know how you get to a point where it's not complete but you're not sure what to add? Like adding more rooms won't necessarily make it more fun or cohesive, just bigger? That's where the MM2 one is. So it's on the back burner "percolating" until the MM1/HD one is finished.

Which won't be long, 'cuz frankly I'm getting tired of looking at it lol

IP Logged

Olle the Greatest
Adventurer

Sweden
Reply #34 - 05.08.2014 at 04:41:54

That's great, I'm here a few times a week (I do log on, automatically) just to see the last posts, especially if there's any news on the builder… Smiley
Don't remember the fights either so I guess they weren't that bad.
Anyone around the Bay area in late september? Going to Berkeley for a week's work and could enjoy company over a coffee or dinner or something Smiley

"How come things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?"
IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #35 - 05.08.2014 at 21:03:07

Oh man. So many great memories on the forums from way back. I remember when I first stumbled upon the MM forums after playing the game for the first time. I believe it was a different scene entirely, as in, the forum had an entirely different website, with cool custom MM buttons and such.

The years after the forums came out on ActionSoft's site, which I remember to be quite the day indeed, and the mansion building contest for MM2, and the various dramas and fights, etc. All the while new mansions came out with different artistic and creative feel, puzzles and fun. I can't say I've played all the mansions that were created by folks, but I did play the majority. I remember when I attempted to create an entirely-custom graphics mansion (Adventures of Ted?), but never had the time to put into it to finish it. I made maybe 30 minutes of playtime and aimed for like four hours. I wish I finished that. That would've been fun. Shame it'll never happen now as graphics are now in higher resolution. Anyway.

I joined this website in 2006. I don't think you guys realized how young I was. I was REALLY young. I was in grade 6. I was 13, there abouts.  Roll Eyes I just turned 20, going into 3rd year university, and still have very fond memories of MM. I rarely have time to do much on the forums now, not as much as I like. I wish the community was vibrant as it once was, but due to the level editor (as mentioned before in Future of Actionsoft post) only working on older macs, there wasn't much to keep it going, other than the more committed and older members. 

I booted up MM the other week and had great fun with all the memories. Such a good game.

Just wanted to share those thoughts.

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

rose
Treasure Hunter

Sweden
Reply #36 - 05.08.2014 at 22:53:46

Hi Anthony!
I do remember how young you were. Remember I gave you the app ColourIt? I still play MM several times a month. When I play bad I know its time for bed!  Grin
Just now I am replaying PACI-FRAK EXPRESS! I am on Snow Leopard. I love the OS eventhoug I do a newer Os.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #37 - 06.08.2014 at 18:42:48

I really miss those good old days.

Cry

IP Logged

cw
Lost One

Mesa,  AZ
Reply #38 - 11.08.2014 at 07:43:13

My sentiments exactly:
"I really miss those good old days."   Sad

BUT. I keep enjoying and replaying the existing games.

and OH YES, checking in with the forum for Good News.

Best wishes to all of you.   Wink

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #39 - 11.08.2014 at 19:29:37

The problem is that if we have upgraded beyond 10.6.8 we don't have a builder anymore.  Let's look at the options:

1.  Stay on 10.6.8, an outdated system and use the builders that came with MM1 and MM2

2.  Upgrade the system and play MM with MM1 HD.  Then we don't have a builder and cannot make new mansions.  This is actually the only option for Windows users.

3.  Make a 10.6.8 disk partition and reboot our computer everytime we want to play MM og build mansions.

4.  Boot into 10.6.8 with a virtual machine (perhaps Windows users can do this?) to play MM2 or make mansions.  This is a VERY slow option and I myself would never bother making a mansion this way.  However I sometimes use it to play MM2.

So what we need is a HD builder to be able to make new mansions and restore our community.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print