Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 37
Send Topic Print
MM2 - Brave New World (Read 22184 times)
brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Re: MM2 - Brave New World
Reply #180 - 18.06.2023 at 18:47:15

Freddy wrote on 18.06.2023 at 00:35:07:
The 20th version of MM2 - BNW betatesting is enclosed. Let's have a party.
Smiley Smiley

Please restart testing from the (8th) save pedestal in this room. Previous play should have given you $ 16.000 and 14 found secrets.
Music (no. 3) was added for this brown area.

Ahh... then I have missed €200

The only vine is longer now. Jack doesn't die anymore when dropping down to the vase.
The shield is in a better position to prevent a forced or accidental filling of the backpack.
Q: Do you think, getting the lantern deserves an S?

I'm sorry I completely forgot to mention the short vine and thus the risk of death.
Re. lantern:  Don't think so.

The first, dark and short visit to this room now leads to two gold coins. The three safe spots should guarantee the normal level.

Yes, that works - but at the lower level a cheap death is possible when you enter there without light as the silver blocks are not on.

All spiders are slower.
I made finding the first press button more normal. I hope.

Yes.

As promised. The added gold blocks guarantee fluid play between this and next room.

Good

Q: Try to go on till the exit. Enjoy the new TGV, made in Belgium. Wink There are 9 secrets to be found on the road.

The problem is:
1. 18100 is too hard for normal version.
2. Jack does not find any red key for 18099.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #181 - 18.06.2023 at 19:10:29

brell wrote on 18.06.2023 at 18:47:15:
The problem is:

1. You are absolutely right. Already this morning I made several changes in that room to get it (more) normal.
2. The red key has to reveal. Is that enough as a hint? Otherwise:
go for the silver coin!

I try to post an update as soon as possible. Because in the brown area there are more things added / changed.

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #182 - 18.06.2023 at 20:01:26

Freddy wrote on 18.06.2023 at 19:10:29:
brell wrote on 18.06.2023 at 18:47:15:
The problem is:

1. You are absolutely right. Already this morning I made several changes in that room to get it (more) normal.
2. The red key has to reveal. Is that enough as a hint? Otherwise:
go for the silver coin!

I try to post an update as soon as possible. Because in the brown area there are more things added / changed.

Found the red key after some afterthought.  Maybe if you lower the silver coin by the red door it will be more obious.
Found the new secret rooms by accident.  Not well hinted.
The changes in the starting/finishing room are good.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #183 - 19.06.2023 at 00:41:50

Zip 021 in next post.

Please check the brown (or trigger) area again. At the 9th save pedestal you may have $ 21.600 and 20 secrets. The finish stayed unchanged: $ 33.000 and 23 secrets. As always I welcome any remarks.
Smiley

Info on the map is changed.

On the bottom floor is 'the following order from right to left' now perfect. And the 'falling' from left to right. Or am I drunken from all those Belgian beers ... ?
Smiley Smiley

Something went wrong during my previous designing session. The hidden stuff got a wrong order what is now corrected, I hope.
As important: the to-move-platform has to stop at a specific point, so that the way to the moneybag isn't blocked, but also as a first hint for the secret.
Q: Please let me know if it is inviting enough, together with a sound hint (covered by the wind noise).

I added 3 hints to tell that there is more to do than picking up $ 225. A coin puts the attention on a L6-wall, the skull spiders show that the horizontal beams are solid while the verticals are not and there is a hidden shield.
Q: Okay this way?

17903 (again)
The high speed of the platform is necessary when Jack comes from the other side!
Cool

Info on the map is changed.
Hint for betatesters to gain time. IMO the fastest way to split the spiders is: at first keep the group of spiders together at the left and open grey, then open pink and when all spiders are again somewhere at the left open orange. When the first spiders are at pink, close grey. Next time when the first spiders are at orange, close pink. You should have two or three small groups now (see pic). Let them free with enough interspace.

A lot of changes: two pieces of art and three hanging skeletons (see pic). Plus 220 volt electricity in the place of 380!
Grin
All jumps became easier.
And I made a hint double long ...

16098 (see pic)
I am still very proud about the start room of
MM2 - Brave New World
. The gate giving the illusion that Jack came in there from outer space and is standing now in the upper right corner after a few jumps and with the help of the two vines. The silver coin above his head as a starting fee. The flower in the lower left corner hiding a green key! And all those ways to leave and enter this room.
« Last Edit: 19.06.2023 at 16:32:49 by Freddy »  

18102.png (215 KB | 16 )
18102.png
18100.png (213 KB | 17 )
18100.png
16098_001.png (117 KB | 14 )
16098_001.png

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #184 - 19.06.2023 at 01:39:44

Zip zip zip hooray.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #185 - 19.06.2023 at 13:23:31

This morning I realized that I made a mistake in room 18100. Roll Eyes

Probably I should remove the upper sinking platform ... Undecided

Edited:

Problem 1
Like it is now (zip 21), it is possible to get the backpack without using the sinking platforms. That was never meant to be.

Problem 2
Because the level of this mansion is 'normal', I don't want to allow that Jack 'forgets' the backpack ($ 500), which is possible by using the sinking platform(s) without the secured reward, and leaving through the red door in the next room.

Solution 1
It is going to be fixed with removing the upper sinking platform and bringing the lower one a few tiles higher, because right now it is impossible to get there alive.

Solution 2
I found an easy way to force Jack to leave and re-enter room 18100 so that he gets a reminder by the backpack on the lower sinking platform.

The solutions will be seen in the next zip (022) together with the finishing of the brown area.
« Last Edit: 19.06.2023 at 16:24:11 by Freddy »  

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #186 - 21.06.2023 at 17:57:45

My Jack wants to climb at least once in a tree in BNW ...
Roll Eyes

Is there a tool for it? Or is it just a matter of L4-vine with foreground-tree?

Help!

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #187 - 21.06.2023 at 18:20:00

Freddy wrote on 21.06.2023 at 17:57:45:
My Jack wants to climb at least once in a tree in BNW ...
Roll Eyes

Is there a tool for it? Or is it just a matter of L4-vine with foreground-tree?

Help!

I have seen this in some of the built in mansions in MM2 but haven't done it myself.  There is no special tool for it so maybe your suggestion works?

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #188 - 21.06.2023 at 20:49:09

brell wrote on 21.06.2023 at 18:20:00:
I have seen this in some of the built in mansions in MM2 but haven't done it myself.  There is no special tool for it so maybe your suggestion works?

I had a vague memory of the sound while going up a tree: the noise of catching a vine. And it works! Somewhere in future you will find this tree in a very very grey area.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #189 - 21.06.2023 at 22:18:48

Today I finished the final room of the brown area. Good time to do a general (double double) check of that area.

I came across a problem. Not a Jack-stuck, but however rather seriously. I try to describe the issue with the help of two images.

My Jack started at save 8 in room 17501 and went down though room 17701. Image 1 shows Jack for the first arriving in the room 17901, not at all in the mood for manoeuvres in the dark. He remembered the room above with bright moonshine and all that money and keys. Thus he retraced steps.

In room 17701 he picked up as much as he could while avoiding the snakes and discovering the bottom floor. A first 'archeological treasure' was the sound of a grey door that opened, but not a door that helped Jack where he was. At another place Jack was able to reveal a grey door. See image 2

So he went back to the ladder where he came in the very first time (and retraced his steps). Once down that ladder he had no where to go ... because of the revealed door.

It's not a JS but a problem way to hard for a 'normal' mansion: finding a lever in the dark and after hearing the opening of a grey door finding the way to the trigger to reveal the lantern that is where the lever was. No way! So I really have to do something about it.

Work and work  Smiley

Edit:
Late last night fixed.
Edit 2:
In two steps, because there was a mistake in the first fixing.
« Last Edit: 26.06.2023 at 00:13:22 by Freddy »  

Afbeelding_2_009.png (74 KB | 16 )
Afbeelding_2_009.png

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 37
Send Topic Print