Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Re: Helter Skullter (Read 52819 times)
Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Re: Helter Skullter
Reply #10 - 08.03.2007 at 04:38:38

Did you ever show little professor Matt my biggest mansion, Smiley
Volcanis
? Smiley Or
Skeleton Mansion?

Only brave people enter there... Tongue Roll Eyes
Smiley

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #11 - 08.03.2007 at 07:15:51

It was sort of a recurring problem, and I only had time for one runthrough, so I don't remember. I can take another look at it, but maybe not till tomorrow. I'm at work now, and I've got a stand-up comedy open mic to prepare for tonight.

I do remember some frustration with the tower room in the upper left. It's the one with a lot of foreground tiles and spiders that are only visible through the broken cracks in the pillars, and there's two columns of coins leading to the top of the tower. I somehow couldn't figure out what the right path was to get to the top or get all the coins or get back down again. The whole thing just didn't work for me. I got stuck at the top of the vine on the left where I couldn't see anything, and I fell through gaps to my death three or four times. I'll send you my video of the first ruthrough. That will probably explain better than my failing memory could. I should just get into the practice of attaching those things with my first impressions every time.

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #12 - 08.03.2007 at 08:40:51

I tried to make the tower one of those once you figure it out it's easy type rooms (which by the way it is). I guess I need to offer a few more clues by opening up a few more foreground tiles.
The movie would help a lot and keep in mind that I don't need immediate responses about stuff although sometimes I inadvertently project that.
Stand up open mike comedy, now THAT I'd like a movie of!!!

Knock em dead or break a leg! I think that wishing you good luck is a no-no in show business so I'll stay away from that.

Joe B

IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #13 - 08.03.2007 at 09:23:31

I really don't know what the superstitions are for comedy, but thanks!

Here's the movie. May it serve you well.

IP Logged

Anthony
YaBB Administrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

Canada
Reply #14 - 08.03.2007 at 21:02:18

Hrmmm... I think I'm smarter then this 'ol scallywag about this forums... (but not about anything els!) You should replace the first post with the newer version and say in the post you said here that there's a new one!  Roll Eyes

Haven't finished it yet. Now that there's a new version, gotta start over again!  Sad

Anthony Duchesne ~ Original designer of Castle Basano, Leofani Manor and Jasperlone Mountains
Anthony AnthonyDuch http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=590111070  
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #15 - 08.03.2007 at 22:02:06

Yeah, it does get kind of confusing but I did notice that the forum software automagically adds a numeric suffix to postings. So at this point HelterSkullter_003 is the latest version. Psychotronic did mention that this mansion might qualify to be posted as a "real" mansion. Didn't think little guys like this (22 rooms) qualified. This was more of an experiment to see how much quality I could pack into a small space. In Search For Jack I have several areas which all have different scenarios but due to the limitation on size (I'm pretty sure Vern said 80 would be the top size) its tough to get a good experience in 20 rooms. HS was a test of that. I'm sure 2 of the sections will be very cool to play. One of them may have falling SNOW if I can get it figured out for slow machines. So I better not see SNOW in any of your mansions because it's MY idea!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Just kidding of course!

later

Joe B

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #16 - 08.03.2007 at 22:23:19

joeb wrote on 08.03.2007 at 22:02:06:
Didn't think little guys like this (22 rooms) qualified.

Well, we have a few one room mansions on the final list.  And I agree with Psychotronic.  HS should get on the final list.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #17 - 08.03.2007 at 23:07:29

brell,

That's cool, if you think HS qualifies. I'd still like to see what issues there are before we move it as it has only had limited testing. I won't do any further modifications other than JS fixes. I really like the difficulty level and don't want to make it easier anywhere. I think it's good where it's at as a hard mansion. What do you, or anyone else for that matter, think?

Joe B

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #18 - 08.03.2007 at 23:56:59

Oh, and to preserve my reputation I have to report a Jack-Stuck (though it was in the first version, I haven't played the new ones - just writing this while I remember).

At some point I opened a wrong blue door (the second one you meet) and ended up going all my way back up until I was stuck between a yellow and three red ones, with no keys. I grant you I could have avoided jumping right in between these doors, but I don't know how stuck I would have been anyway.

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #19 - 09.03.2007 at 00:09:27

Psychotronic wrote on 08.03.2007 at 07:15:51:
It was sort of a recurring problem, and I only had time for one runthrough, so I don't remember. I can take another look at it, but maybe not till tomorrow. I'm at work now, and I've got a stand-up comedy open mic to prepare for tonight.

I do remember some frustration with the tower room in the upper left. It's the one with a lot of foreground tiles and spiders that are only visible through the broken cracks in the pillars, and there's two columns of coins leading to the top of the tower. I somehow couldn't figure out what the right path was to get to the top or get all the coins or get back down again. The whole thing just didn't work for me. I got stuck at the top of the vine on the left where I couldn't see anything, and I fell through gaps to my death three or four times. I'll send you my video of the first ruthrough. That will probably explain better than my failing memory could. I should just get into the practice of attaching those things with my first impressions every time.

Strangely I had figured out this room pretty fast...I don't know if it was luck or instinct, though.  But strange that you, of all people, Psychotronic, had problems with this room....it reminded me so much of your Observatory...with all those layer-6 walls etc.

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print