Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Re: Helter Skullter (Read 52829 times)
joeb
Adventurer

Re: Helter Skullter
Reply #30 - 09.03.2007 at 21:17:35

Quote:
At least once  ???    
Joe.... as far as I remember your The Money Pit used quite a bit of layer-6 stuff... at least I remember dying a lot of unexpected deaths there, due to craetures behind walls, gaps in the floor covered by walls etc....  but it's still one of my top ten faves !!

Or wasn't that yours ??

Yup, that was a Matt and Joe AND "quite a bit..." could be interpreted as "at least once" couldn't it?
I know I'm being a smart alec here.

14297 - Right you are, fixed and there is a "minor" reason.

14299 - Hmmm. Maybe not thru.......... There's 2 OTHER directions in the dark room. Try one of those and BIG HINT:
14299 is key to solving the mansion

14098 - Whoops. I was checking to make sure the lower 2 floors worked and forgot to turn off "moving to start". And YES you can go back to pull the lever. I leave it to you to figure out how or as Shelock used to say you have everything you need to solve the case.

14298 - You shouldn't be seeing that! I don't!

In going thru the logic here at work I DID find something that I have to ask Vern about. I found a way around it so I'm getting the behavior I want. I've also added a couple of more VISUAL hints so there is no singing in the rain. Just remember this, there is a way to get "back to the top of the stack". Unfortunately I won't be able to post the fix that I mentioned until I get home in around 7 hours. At work I can't put my Mac on the network.

Thanks for your patience too!!!!!

Joe B

IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #31 - 09.03.2007 at 23:15:39

Wow, Joe.... that was super-fast !!
Thanks a lot.... will play immediately...!! Smiley

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #32 - 09.03.2007 at 23:32:49

Sorry for the ambiguity of my emails but it took me a while to come up with some of the little puzzles that I have in HS but I'm hoping to give everyone the same sort of feeling I got when I was playing This Old Mansion and figured out some of the puzzles, you know the "YEAHHHhhhhh...." feeling. I appreciate the comments I've received back and am glad that it's supplied some enjoyment.
Still looking for the person who's going to make it all the way through, besides me of course.
Now for another question:

What's everyone's feelings on REAL mazes like the one in Mummy's Revenge? I'm contemplating adding one to Search For Jack  (actually I already have the structure done). It's relatively small only 9 rooms but it does have the punch of HS (IMNSHO) and some really awesome graphics but no critters.

Thanks,

Joe B

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #33 - 09.03.2007 at 23:38:07

I like mazes so go for it!

Regarding HS:  When it enters the final list, would you find it in your heart to make 2 versions:  One as it is and one slightly easier with a saving point for lesser players like me?

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

joeb
Adventurer

Reply #34 - 09.03.2007 at 23:45:39

Actually I was thinking 2 save points and I guess I could go easier.
I'll look at it over the weekend.

Joe B

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #35 - 10.03.2007 at 02:36:49

Almost did it... Had 3 red keys and one blue; I would have managed if I hadn't lost about 10 lives in that dark room...

Did you know that falling platforms don't fall normally in the dark, but just "vanish"? Until they glow, that is (then, they behave normally)  Wink

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

Psychotronic
Explorer

Alaska
Reply #36 - 10.03.2007 at 04:15:26

There's a room in ACO that uses that strange falling platform behavior. It's hard to get through the room at first, but as you jump on the falling platforms, they appear in the dark, until the entire path to the exit is revealed. Very strange.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #37 - 10.03.2007 at 05:21:23

But do NOT leave the room. Or they are gone again!!

IP Logged

Toybox
Treasure Hunter

Kiel, Germany
Reply #38 - 10.03.2007 at 16:31:34

There, done! Well, almost done: I wonder where I left these last 34% Huh.

Btw: I think
you don't really need the red keys
(Maybe this answers my previous question Wink)

In room 14297, one skull-spider goes through a brick and ends up sitting on some coins... Is this a deliberate trap?

And I believe you still can get stuck between red and yellow without matching keys.

Finish.jpg (105 KB | )
Finish.jpg

profile picture 'The Book of Secrets'
(c) Marta Bevacqua http://m0thyyku.deviantart.com/
IP Logged

aquaMat
Expedition Leader

Berlin, Germany
Reply #39 - 10.03.2007 at 16:44:17

Joe,
after playing your version 005 I discovered a potential JS in room 14298.  Somehow I took a different path this time, than when I last played... and I ended up in the middle caveat with the lever & money bag, BEFORE I had pulled the lever in the lower left corner.

Which results in a Jack-stuck... as the platforms are not yet moving...so you can't get back up again !!
Only voluntary suicide was left as an option.... and although it worked (I was reborn on the upper floor)... I don't think that's particularily nice.

Besides: the game-quit bug in this same room still happens (when Jack rides on a platform until the ceiling).
Strange that you are not seeing it.....

Oh, I wish I could finish this mansion.....  but I never survive the dark room. (I know the way to go is UP....but then what...I still die!)

Why is a carrot more orange than an orange ?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print