Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

Welcome
to the Actionsoft Forums!

New to the forums? Go ahead and register! Why register? Click here to find out the difference of being a guest and a member. After you're done, go here to learn how to start posting. Make sure you've read and agree with the rules of posting here!

The forums is run by three administrators. Read here who they are and what you may (and may not) expect from them.

Actionsoft's latest game, Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills,  includes 28 mansions. The 8 Built-in mansions have 3 difficulties along with 4 extra custom mansions. We don't have that many other custom MM2 mansions yet. Design your own custom mansion! Info below.  You can find out more about the game here.

The original Midnight Mansion game contains over 150 mansions. The 8 included mansions which have 3 difficulty levels each, and about 115 approved custom mansions which you can download here and also several freely uploaded mansions. To know the difference between these three types of mansions, click here.

Are you a creative person and thinking of designing a mansion yourself? Or want to know about how to upload it? Click here and we'll show you! You'll find guidelines for betatesters here.

News:
Midnight Mansion 2: The Haunted Hills version 1.0.2b has been released. This fixes a bug in Jasperlone Mountains Hard. Simply re-download the game, bring over your custom mansions folder from the old version and play on. All your saves and high scores will not be changed.

Midnight Mansion HD (MM1) is now available at the Mac App Store and at the Actionsoft website. A Windows version is now available.

Here is a list of downloadable MM1 HD ready custom mansions, which also work in the Windows version of the game.

The MM2 custom mansion Hanging Gardens of Babylon by Freddy/SandyBean/Josephine/brell was updated on 19. Nov 2023 to add a fourth section. Available here

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37
Send Topic Print
MM2 - Brave New World (Read 22404 times)
Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Re: MM2 - Brave New World
Reply #330 - 12.02.2024 at 00:42:02

As promised. After a final check, here it is.

BNW_Purple.zip (162 KB | 33 )

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #331 - 14.02.2024 at 22:07:46

16100:  The spider cannot catch the bird anymore.  Edit:  Yes but later
16099:  The golden coin in the lower left corner gives no award anymore.
16299:  No purpose in releasing the snakes anymore as they do not have a key
16298:  The hint for secret downstairs was better before IMO

1st checkpoint: missing 50 gold.

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #332 - 17.02.2024 at 15:03:08

brell wrote on 14.02.2024 at 22:07:46:
16100:  The spider cannot catch the bird anymore.  Edit:  Yes but later

I wanted that both the blue bird and the giant spider stayed alive, at least till Jack arrived on the bottom floor at the silver coins. To avoid accidents I changed the starting direction of the bird from right to left. It's also slightly higher.

16099:  The golden coin in the lower left corner gives no award anymore.

Embarrassed In my urge to get the balance better I did remove the Grand Prix Brell. With pleasure re-installed!

16299:  No purpose in releasing the snakes anymore as they do not have a key

Because the mansion needs to be normal, after many afterthoughts I left the idea of using the height of the floating floors as a hint.That is why I also removed the coloured balls. But you were right about the snakes. So I changed some things in the room. At a revisit you will have a small surprise.

16298:  The hint for secret downstairs was better before IMO

Well, it wasn't a secret any more. But because you liked it I did re-install it and moved the needle yellow key over there.

1st checkpoint: missing 50 gold.

Again the golden coin in the torch?

A new zip is not included yet. I first do a walk through the 'whole' BNW Purple and then post it.

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #333 - 17.02.2024 at 17:17:45

BNW Purple 002.zip is included.

Concerning the missing € 50 I may give you this extra information. When Jack arrives back in the upper right corner of the starting room 16098, his best possible score is $ 3.225 with 1 secret and a key.
Edit:
In zip 002 at a few spots the money changed, but the total amount of dollars didn't.

About the giant spider and the blue bird (sounds like the title of a fable) also this. Assume Jack forgot to pull the lever in the lower left corner to open the grey door, doesn't it lead to a cheap death? IMO not, because before Jack arrives in the lower right corner coming from below, he did climb down the longest ladder with perfect view on both the not pulled lever and the closed grey door locking up the bird. So if Jack dies, a player mistake. But I am interested in what you think.
« Last Edit: 18.02.2024 at 16:45:59 by Freddy »  

BNW_Purple_002.zip (860 KB | 9 )

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #334 - 21.02.2024 at 02:24:02

Hi guys,

Room 15898 near the beginning of BNW 011, I STILL can't figure out how to beat the skeletons so I can get through the purple door. I know I'm probably missing something obvious, but you're going to have to help me. I've tried over and over again, and I feel very stupid.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #335 - 21.02.2024 at 16:40:51

Dear Semi-Native

I am so happy that you are trying to visit the still unfinished Brave New World! On my birthday, so it feels like a present!

Like you probably read I am busy with a thorough examination of the 'complete' mansion, starting with the first purple area. So my best advice is to download the BNW Purple 002 zip, added to my previous post. This small 'mansion' ends with a checkpoint.

I enclose an image of room 15898 so at once you may see the differences: more skeletons Cool , a sign, only one green door, the red key moved ...

About a year ago I created the purple area without any T (trigger). Already in that time there was a kind of novelty concerning the skeletons. It was difficult to expose the novelty without spoiling the solution. The result was a rather hard room, like you experienced. Since I was eager to create a normal mansion in every way, I did make changes.

With the help of some Ts the room should play itself now. I hope.

O, and if you wonder why there are eleven Exclaim skeletons, that is to make sure that the solution is NOT using all shields and offering all lives. That will always lead to game over.

Good luck!

BNW_Purple_15898.png (151 KB | 7 )
BNW_Purple_15898.png

IP Logged

brell
YaBB Administrator

Moita, Portugal
Reply #336 - 21.02.2024 at 17:27:23

Actually the solution has been knows for years.  But without MM for years, the solution is in the brain memory fog of forgotten MM features.  Roll Eyes

A stuck Jack is better than no jack

IP Logged

Freddy
YaBB Administrator

Brugge, Belgium
Reply #337 - 22.02.2024 at 00:04:33

Absolutely. In those days I made the first part of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon and now I only remember the first room with Jack starting in the rain.

About the 11 skeletons room maybe the brewer delivering a barrel with rum is new?
Grin

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #338 - 22.02.2024 at 08:10:36

Happy Birthday, Freddy! I hope you had a good one. I'll get back to it tomorrow, and I've downloaded the purple version. Will let you know how it goes.

IP Logged

Semi-Native
YaBB Administrator

Orlando, FL  USA
Reply #339 - 10.03.2024 at 20:09:15

Well, I FINALLY defeated the skeletons and made my way to the first Save point! Hallelujah!

Onward  Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37
Send Topic Print